View Single Post
Old 12-23-2017, 10:24 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
Hi Henry ,

As a funny bit of side info here , in my radio experiments I learned that even though it may sound tempting , it's not a good idea to attempt to circumvent the original "volume control" with fixed resistors and to relocate the control to the first audio stage where we're most used to seeing it . Since as Tom and Dieseljeep said , it's more of a gain/tuning control than a volume control it must be adjusted for each different station received and what's good for one station won't be good for a different one . I have had success with leaving the front end circuit as designed , using the "volume control" more properly as a gain/tuning control , and then putting a "real" volume control in the first audio stage where it belongs . That way you can use the two original controls to tune the radio for best reception of each station and then adjust the volume to a tolerable level with the added in control .
The audio gain control could be easily added around the C-7 audio coupling and installed where the existing volume control is and the RF gain control mounted elsewhere. Just a thought on my part.