View Single Post
Old 04-30-2023, 05:56 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeno View Post
The pix is not up to how they looked. I think the CRT is a little weak.
That will make it hard to set up. Cant tell for sure from up here in NH. !

Check a few things.
Boost, 1K resistor on focus pin if CRT, be sure instant on
is working. Also for laffs check the CRT date codes & EIA ## to
see if its OEM. Check diodes on convergence panel.

73 Zeno
LFOD !
Too bad I didn't get this far on it while I was still in CT last year!
I am not sure what you mean by "Boost" but I checked the resistors out when I had the socket apart, all good there. Instant on is working.

I attempted to re-do my purity and I think that helped a bit. I re-seated all of the Semis. The 221-46 Semi on the Chroma Duramodule had two legs fall apart. Thankfully I had a NOS one from another Duramodule and that did the trick.

The CRT is OEM and an AG125VB0P22 (if I read the faded label right) with a date code of 4-13 punched out. Early on I complained of faint letterbox burn in. It never came across in the pictures, but it is certainly there. It wouldn't surprise me that this is a high mileage set. The red gun certainly seems weaker/more orange in comparison to blue and green when turning each color down.

Below are my best shots so far. I'm going to order some convergence strips for the left side. But other than that this may be where the set sits for awhile as I am bit burnt on it.

Is it feasible to source an Chromacolor tube for this unit? I have heard of people who hoard them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image(42)1.jpg (95.5 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Image(41)1.jpg (91.4 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Image(39)1.jpg (77.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Image(43)1.jpg (132.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Image(45)1.jpg (95.8 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by ThePlague; 04-30-2023 at 06:03 PM.