View Single Post
Old 03-21-2023, 10:57 PM
VideoKarma Member

Finally had a nice warm day. I was able to correctly extend the divider wires with the red-x corona and double wall shrink tubing. So far no arching!

I opened up the picture tube socket and it was pretty clean. I removed any light dirt/traces and buttoned it back up. The degaussing circuit thermistor was replaced with an equivalent IAW the service manual. I also replaced the divider resistor with the one including in the kit (I forget the ohms off the top of my head). It helped with the focus, but what you see in the pictures is maxed out. For good luck, I cleaned all of the dura-module pins and re-seated each one.

Long story short, we have some real life now! I gave it a quick pass with the deguass wand and that sorted out most of the impurities. However, it is in dire need of a convergence alignment. I'm hoping that this will help with focus as I am still not impressed with it. The picture is currently wider than it out to be (need to find the horizontal adjustment) and there is some vertical linearity issues that the adjustment couldn't quite sort out.

Next up is to de-oxit the control pots and work on going through the service manual for calibration.

Is there anything that I should replace on the dura-modules before continuing? This TV will be a daily driver once fully up and running. Of note, I got a nasty shock when I touched the metal frame around the picture tube on the front of the TV after powering it up for the first time. It did not occur again. Not quite sure what was the cause of that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0844.jpg (53.5 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0845.jpg (87.4 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0846.jpg (83.6 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0847.jpg (127.5 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0848.jpg (96.0 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0849.jpg (100.8 KB, 53 views)