View Single Post
Old 05-27-2016, 12:31 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
It's as much your house as your wife's you should be able to claim a room or half of one for your two consoles. If there is a dry climate controlled basement or attic (extra space in the garage perhaps?) that is not finished/furnished you should be able to eek out a small collection space by repacking the stuff junk stored there more densely in a corner or disposing of a portion of it.

I've got 70% of a basement and have had north of 50 tube TVs and around 100tube radios down there. If you get serious I think you can find space for your two consoles EASILY (making it may take a bit of effort though).
I hear ya, Tom. Thanks for the inspiration to hang in there, LOL. I am working on alternatives. I have some relatively modern stereo equipment I am going to get rid of to make some room etc. My wife is fine with all of it, ultimately. I did not mean to make it sound like she's the buzz kill...She knows I like my stuff. Also, the house we're in is really too small for either of us, and developers are sniffing around since we are near 2 state highways, and they want to increase housing density in our part of town. I can hold off the need to move the sets out of my folks' house as my brother lives there by himself. The definition of "soon" in my earlier post is a bit more fluid and less dire than I indicated...

There will definitely need to be a "collectibles" room in the new dwelling...BUT we like our debt free financial state, and I do not want to jeopardize that either...

Decisions, decisions...