View Single Post
Old 09-09-2018, 10:07 PM
VideoKarma Member

Over the years I've had a recurring bad dream where I come close to damaging the neck on the 21AXP22 in my CTC-5. Hopefully I won't have twice as many dreams now!

I was out of town for a few days but spent this rainy afternoon finishing the electolytics then started going section by section through the BB's. I've completed most of the LV, HV & horizontal. I did a brief filament-only power up with the LV rectifiers removed, just to check for any drama (there was none). I may allow myself a full-power up soon. I did goof one thing up today: while moving the chassis around on the bench I put too much pressure on one of the IF cans and bent it right over, snapping a couple wires inside. I couldn't find one end of one of them at all. The good news: it's a common part and a quick check of my big old coil box turned up 3 or 4 exact replacements in a few minutes. Hopefully the pain of having to deal with touching up the alignment will keep me from being so clumsy next time! It is HEAVY and rather awkward.