View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 01:10 PM
VideoKarma Member

Good afternoon,

Thank you all very much for the information you have provided so far!

I was able to use the model description to find out a little bit more about this monitor. My university library has quite a handful of links to scientific articles that mention the RHB (sometimes also referred to as "RHB/19" or "RHB/19C") as being used as a reference monitor. Apparently, the calibrated phosphors allowed for reproducible experimental results across research institutions.
I found articles from the mid 70s to early 80s that range from medical to meteorological all the way to aviation and defense-related fields. I also learned that the SMPTE-C color space owes its existence to efforts made by Conrac (hence the C) to push manufactures to use standardized phosphors - very impressive!

As far as my monitor was concerned, I do not recall it having a composite input(s) - maybe I never tried to use it, as the R, G, B, H, V connections were all I needed - but I may be completely mistaken...

One detail I didn't mention before and which just came back to me: my particular model did not have a contrast control. Maybe it was omitted at the factory because of the original requirements of the person who purchased it, or the lack of a contrast control makes this one a different model altogether. Either way, I remember connecting a variable resistor according to the schematics, but it never worked quite right - the picture would take on a yellowish hue when the contrast was increased.

Once again, all your input and suggestions are greatly appreciated. I am looking forward to learning more from you.

Have a great day!
Audiokarma