View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 07:32 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbates14 View Post
I know a few people that have had nothing but problems with modern machines and front loaders. the boots go bad and leak, but then the aluminum drum drive spline corrodes and breaks/falls apart on some models, they are all moving to brushless DC motor systems and those control boards are failing at an alarming rate on some models.

I have a pair of mid to late 80s models, matched set washer and dryer. they are still going strong. I bought those on purpose just because I knew of their reliability. All mechanical, no electronics.
The top loader has been perfected over the last 100 years to do one thing and one thing only , wash clothes . Now along comes the front loader with it's mandate to not only wash clothes , but to save water & electricity while washing those clothes . Anytime you put such compromises into a machine's design there is no way it's gonna outperform the machine that has clean clothes , and not saving water & electricity , as it's principal design consideration .

Like you , I'll cling to my beloved top loader till the eco freaks pry it from my mostly clean hands ....