View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 07:28 PM
"micro" and quirky

Location: I'm in San Diego, but lived in Hong Kong for a long time
And to me.....it seems once YOU end up with the set, and correct whatever ABUSE or carelessness the thing has gone through, they do pretty much STAY working when you give it a GOOD home. I've fixed up some pretty hairy pc board, flyback and "case all busted to hell" problems in the last few years.

Sometimes I just like to remember the STORY behind finding and fixing the set. More than a few times I have spent WAY too much time, energy and even MONEY fixing something I just wouldn't give up on. I've done this for as silly a reason as "COOL!..I never saw a green one before!".

It's a SILLY hobby sometimes.....but if you are fixing them up for anything like making a dollar, it would be a pretty LOUSY paycheck. You hafta WANT to have all the little sets around, for whatever funny reason. I'm gonna hafta slow down picking these little sets up allover the place. My flat is starting to look like I'm the CAT LADY of micro TV sets!

Last edited by AiboPet; 09-23-2012 at 07:33 PM.
Audiokarma