Thread: Found my SNES
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2016, 08:43 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRX37 View Post
You know I was never an SNES fan. Nintendo's censoring of games like Mortal Kombat really turned me off to them after the NES days. I went from NES to Sega, then from that to the N64 because Mario 64 blew my mind at the time.

I tried SNES emulation a few years ago to see what I missed out on. Played Super Mario World and a few other games, and overall the experience was meh. Super Mario World was too different from 3 for me to like (though now I see where Mario 64 got some of its ideas like the cap switches. I didn't care for most of the music, (though Link To The Past had some good music)

IMO the SNES is only really likable if you're the person who owned one as a kid, back when you were young and impressionable. However it's too nerfed and kiddified to like it as an adult who never owned one as a kid. Whereas I can go back to the Genesis and beat the shit out of opponents, or race through levels in a blue blur, or play the Beavis and Butthead game, or Stimpy's Invention... the games have more of a cool, edgy factor.

You know, there is a reason I have a NES and a Genesis hooked up, and the SNES in a box.... You nailed it.

1997 RCA Colortrak 27" Console
1987 Zenith 19" V3912W