View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 11:33 AM
BigDavesTV

'61 RCA, CTC-11, Maple Cabinet

Here, finally, are pictures of the 1961 RCA, CTC-11 in Early American Maple Cabinet, that I picked up from the original owner, in NW Illinois, almost two months ago. Monday, after successfully restoring the nearly dead 21FBP22, RCA HI-LITE (1967 date code) CRT, I was able to fire up the chassis, and was rewarded with a halfway decent picture, shown below, pic 1! A few quick adjustments later, I received the next two pictures! This (first) picture was after repairing an intermittent ground on the Horiz. Osc. PC Board, and replacing a very shorted 3A3 HV Rect., and sort-of "rigging" the VHF Tuner! I still have a little more to do, of course, and until I get all that done, the set will only be occasionally turned on, for a few minutes at a time! I really like this Maple Cabinet, I have one other '61 RCA Color, in a Danish Modern style cabinet. This (maple) CTC-11, could really use a replacement VHF Tuner, even though I only use channel 3, if anyone has a used tuner, I'd be interested to know. Just wanted to share my progress thus far, more later!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 61_RCA_PRELIM_3.jpg (66.1 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg 61_RCA_MAPLE_1.jpg (86.3 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg 61_RCA_MAPLE_3.jpg (91.1 KB, 165 views)