View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 06:45 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
I did mention 'snubbing' earlier. I suspect that this does actually happen. I have Aspergers Syndrome (I'm an 'Aspie') and my personality is 'different', and I suspect that for this reason other Hams around Australia (vk) 'pretend' that they don't hear me. I mention my Aspergers nature on my QRZ.COM profile page.
I'm sorry to say that I think you could be right. It shouldn't be that way--the ham radio hobby itself represents just about every walk of life. I think it fair to even say that ham radio puts a diverse group of people on a largely equal footing--or at least it should.

I can't be much help with the technical issues. I've never been deep into broadcasting technology and theory. While some friends of mine who are into ham radio have tried to encourage me to take it up, the simple truth is that I already have far too many hobbies and not enough time or space for them. I do take an interest from the sidelines, especially with regards to overall excellence in broadcasting.

I've enjoyed reading your posts even when I disagree with your views. I can't speak to what's going on and there is undoubtedly a lot which I do not (and in some cases cannot) know, but I can't see why anyone would react badly to making your acquaintance.