View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 11:04 AM
Restoring an admiral c322

My Brand New CTC-7!

Hello all!

I just recently acquired my first console set! It is a 1958 RCA CTC-7 in the "Pensbury" cabinet. I acquired this set for free from Tvcollector here at VK. The drive took two and a half hours but it was well worth it for such a nice set for the price of free. The 21CYP22 tests great on all guns but the base is in rough shape and I am honestly too afraid to try and put a new base on. The base still functions but it is pretty loose... The cabinet is in VERY rough shape... Will probably have to strip it and stain it and refinish it. As for the electronics most of the caps are still kind of ok and some minor repairs have been done but the set does power up and I get a raster but the horizontal and vertical are all wrong so I will recap those boards first. I did accidentally break the horiz hold knob while trying to remove the chassis so I will have to fabricate a new plastic shaft for the knob to fit on. Only two tubes tested bad in the set and I will replace them... The flyback looks to be in great condition. I think I will have a lot of fun restoring this set and it will be a learning experience for me. I will take my time with this and do it step by step. I will post updates when needed. Here is the link for the images I have taken of the set http://imgur.com/a/oTaRJ

Admiral C322C2 Regent (Restoring)
RCA CTC-7 Pensbury (Restored)
RCA CTC-5 Westcott (Restored)
CRA CTC--4 Director 21 (Restoring)

Last edited by SwizzyMan; 06-16-2015 at 12:15 PM.