View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 09:10 PM
Followin' the Rules...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvcollector View Post
I found a warehouse which has businesses in front and ware houses and office spaces in the back that houses an auto garage attached to it, and there are 10x20 units that are meant for overflow storage from the other businesses on the property.. There are pros and cons though.. The pros is that the rent is only $220 plus tax monthly, and there won't be a rate hikes.. The space has high ceilings and a mezzanine, so the space is almost double.. So I can move all stuff out of my Public Storage unit 5x7, and my cubesmart 10x20 and save around $136 monthly.. I have 24hour access.. Now with the cons, the unit is not climate controlled, though I do have an option to purchase a portable $14000btu Ac/Heat unit, landlord may raise the rent if the unit is running all the time.. The place is 7.6 miles from my house compared to being 8 blocks away like my 10x20 is.. Also of course the move, and how am I going to move all my stuff there.. Option one would be to rent a truck, and hire friends for a days worth of moving, or pay another months rent, and slowly sort out stuff and use a friend with a truck to move stuff that won't fit in a car.. And also use friends in general to take loads to the new spot.. The place is a lease like renting an apartment.. First, Last and security, and he said he can work with the security as for paying that slowly.. So in the long run, I will be saving money, but I got to at least come up with $478 to move in... What do you all think?
Payback seems like 4 months or so, and more room? Winner.

As to friends, a case of beer waiting at the end of the move does wonders. I moved an entire house once for a Hardee's meal. (Ok, she was young, newly single, and cute too, but the burger was pretty sweet....)

Also, some triage may be necessary - I got rid of a bunch of stuff when I had to vacate a rented storefront once. Three loads to the scrapyard for $13 bucks total - all steel shred or lowest aluminum price, as it was all mixed together, and January to boot...it paid for gas and a happy meal.
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!