View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 12:12 PM
VideoKarma Member

I know it will work in DOS MAME which I have, but I cannot get the zvgtweak program to recognize the card. When I run that program it sasys it cannot find an ECP compatable printer port on my computer. I think XP with its command prompt may use a virtual printer port which simply takes what you want to print from the command prompt program and writes it to the printer driver.

Once I get the card ruinning I intend to use it with an old SUN engine analyzer my dad has and don't use any more. It is from the 70's and from what I understand and from trying to fix the analyzer the display is very similar to a vector monitor except there is no easy way to control the intensity aside from the intensity control without modifying the circuit some. The only use for the display is for displaying waveforms. Everything else is shown on meters. The tester sits on its own movable stand with a door and two shelves inside which would be perfect for hiding a computer, small monitor, audio amp and speaker inside. For a controller I will just use a game pad for a computer.

I found the answer to my problem http://www.radiantbacon.com/
AKAI GX 255 RTR
iPod & computer
DIY speakers (upgrading them soon)

Last edited by Tube Radio; 01-21-2011 at 01:43 PM.
Audiokarma