View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 10:42 PM
Not sure how I got here.

that thing looks cool ! Well the description says DOS not the command prompt. Most likely DOS because you are running some game ROM emulator and the MAME I have not read about, so I guess lower memory addresses like the olden days. I use to fix those old arcade games, and Atari games came with a huge theory of operation manual. This was good for explaining about the circuitry, programing, and how the display worked. This book was invaluable since like how I got my start in game repair, the people that had them often took them to the local tv repair shop to get them worked on. Atari's were the best documented games!

The ECP printers had an address on them. So you are needing something like a parallel port, but selected off the main board? Does this thing have several ports to write to? And ECP was bidirectional..... Anyway while running this MAME program, you need the drivers in DOS not XP so there should be some printer driver around the net for it. You don't install it in XP.... Anyway it looks like a neato project. What was the name of that vector game with the head and the one eye at the start of the game that talked. I really liked that game... The picture is on the Zektor page you linked to? Its on the "requirements" page.