View Single Post
Old 02-21-2023, 07:39 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Double check that you didn't install any backwards or 10X or 1/10the value. Changing caps should not make it worse.

Transistors are not infallible. About the only deck that old I've done deep troubleshooting on was the first frontload Betamax (Zenith rebadge) that wouldn't run some key motors in play mode. One of the control transistors fried.
I definitely made sure to use the correct capacitance value, the voltage values were a tad higher than the originals on some of them because I didn't have any that were the exact voltage rating, but I figured that the voltage rating shouldn't affect it much as long as the capacitance value is the same.

As for the transistors I didn't think to check those, but the only time I've ever had issues with those was on some 1970s stereo receivers I've worked on where they popped and crackled out of one channel and it was one of the transistors in the amplifier section.

I will though double check to make sure I didn't accidentally install some capacitors backwards, because while they had the (+) and (-) clearly marked on the board, I might of accidentally stuck a capacitor in the wrong way thinking I had stuck it in the right way because I had been working on this thing for almost 8 hours straight without any breaks.