View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 08:45 PM
Duck, you sucker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Have you tried scoping the CRT cathodes to see if the ringing is there? This will tell you if the problem is getting in through the video chain.

I would also try placing the scope probe tip near (NOT TOUCHING) the case of the HOT to see if there is any ringing on the signal you will pick up. Try the same thing near the yoke, and yoke wires. You will need to use a low volts/div setting, but you should be able to pick up radiation of the horizontal sweep signals. Don't try to measure them directly since the high voltages pulses will damage the probe, or scope.

Your problem could be caused by the flyback, or yoke oscillating. This seems likely to me since the bars are clearly synchronized to the horizontal sweep, and you seem to be seeing it everywhere that has pulses from the flyback.

Finally, can you remember if it had the problem when you first got it (before you did anything to it). I seem to remember that you didn't mention it until you had done a lot of cap replacement.
Okay, I scoped the HOT by placing the plastic safety tip against the shell. That's the fist pic and I see no ringing. The second pic is the focus wire and I'm assuming that's ringing on it, but I don't know if that can create the bars. Also, with the probe touching the yoke wires, I get roughly the same as the focus, but it shows less ringing the closer I get to the wires. So I'm not sure if it's really ringing or just that the probe is picking up interference.

So what would you suggest next?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hot Small.jpg (50.1 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Focus Small.jpg (56.8 KB, 22 views)

Denon 5803A, Pioneer DVL-700, Pioneer CT-W603RS, Toshiba HD-A3, D-Link DSM-520, Dish VIP-722, Polk 1.2TL, CSi5, LS/fx, RT-800 and PSW-650