View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 02:55 AM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcanine View Post
What about the color adjustment on the front? Did you mess with that to see if maybe it's cranked way off to not display in color? Maybe the pot it self is bad.
I checked that as a first step (heck I had to find and reattach the leads to it cause they were not attached when I got it), and was trying to follow all the signals with my scope....The problem turned out the be a cracked solder joint on a chroma transformer (not one of the replaced ones) which I found by pure dumb luck....It would appear it probably got caught in the same fuqup that ruined the 2 chroma transformers I had to replace.

It is working now (though it could use vertical adjustments, and a dynamic convergence). I took the time to test all the lytic cans and replace the bad sections....As well as replace/remove that dopey taped on/spliced in extra can.

As a final insult (above photo taken after that happened) after mounting the tuner/control sub chassis, and putting the chassis bolts in and back on, the tint control decided to become ineffective (can turn it from stop to stop and no change in tint)....One of the stranded wires of the coax lead to the pot probably broke off while I was mounting the tuner sub chassis...

I'm going to call it done for now, and go to sleep....I'm exhausted.

Dog RCA TVs won't let you find the problem until after you sufficiently insulted them.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Last edited by Electronic M; 01-08-2016 at 03:30 AM.