View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 01:38 AM
VideoKarma Member

I sold this set on craigslist several months ago, but I think it just showed up on e-bay here: http://cgi.ebay.com/CLASSIC-RCA-VICT...QQcmdZViewItem

I'm almost positive it is the same set, notice the missing control door, and the missing thing that goes over the record player to play 45s (I kept that, if anyone here gets this they can have it). Also notice the position of the uhf knob, exactly the same, it was stuck in that position.

The guy I sold it to didn't know anything about old sets, so here goes the description of exactly what was going on with it when I sold it:

good stuff: good CRT (although the red gun is a bit weak, it is not noticeable), new electrolytics, and no bad or weak tubes

bad stuff: The top of the cabinet was scratched up, as the guy I got it from had kept another set on top after it broke, and the right rear leg was broken off. The record player doesn't turn at all, I think the motor is bad. The CRT had a loose connection at one of the pins in the socket, I removed the socket and soldered it all back, but I had been up all night trying to rethread the pins into the socket, and when I finally got them all in there, I had forgot to use any kind of glue, so the socket is loose. The uhf tuner doesn't work at all, there is some problem with the gears in there and it won't turn, it also isn't even the one that belongs with that set, and I just disconnected it entirely. The vertical height also changes slightly as the set warms up.

Oh, and it is a ctc-15, not a 12, I had thought it was a 12 when I first saw the ad for it on craigslist before I picked it up, and later when I found out it was a 15 I was unable to change the title of this thread.

Last edited by Adam; 09-13-2009 at 10:36 AM.