View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 10:04 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiboPet View Post
Pearshaped......Since I speak cantonese AND "HK English" which is a mix of slang/canto and British. I grew up hearing "pearshaped" to sorta mean "not round anymore"...and NO...I would not EVER want an LCD set mounted on a cieling, especially in a rented flat. The whole point in not wanting a BIG TV in the bedroom is that I SLEEP in there....and have no interest in much more than turning the "sleep timer" on with something insipid I'm not really watching (Southpark, Futurama,TBBT,etc). I have a little 23" Sammy in the room that serves that just fine. Also have a little TINY 7" "Auvio" mounted just at the top of the headboard cabinet if I REALLY don't even wanna turn on the 23". THAT one is mounted "facing down" and would be if I feel like looking up at a TV (very rarely).

I don't really watch the "collection" TV sets in the bedroom....because I have them ALL on one channel (my transmitter), and they ALL come on with a push of an X10 controller (At last count...37 sets...all at once...just for fun)
It's gotta be tough to learn two languages.... I actually saw a smaller(like 17-27") FP set mounted over someone bed on a frame on it's canopy at a open house once...it seemed like an interesting idea to me.

TV in my bed room seems natural to me. I keep most of my good stuff in my bed room, spend much of my free time there, and watch nearly all of my TV there so that my folks won't bug me about not liking what I'm watching, wanting to change the channel, etc.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Audiokarma