View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 04:40 PM
"micro" and quirky

Location: I'm in San Diego, but lived in Hong Kong for a long time
Pearshaped......Since I speak cantonese AND "HK English" which is a mix of slang/canto and British. I grew up hearing "pearshaped" to sorta mean "not round anymore"...and NO...I would not EVER want an LCD set mounted on a cieling, especially in a rented flat. The whole point in not wanting a BIG TV in the bedroom is that I SLEEP in there....and have no interest in much more than turning the "sleep timer" on with something insipid I'm not really watching (Southpark, Futurama,TBBT,etc). I have a little 23" Sammy in the room that serves that just fine. Also have a little TINY 7" "Auvio" mounted just at the top of the headboard cabinet if I REALLY don't even wanna turn on the 23". THAT one is mounted "facing down" and would be if I feel like looking up at a TV (very rarely).

I don't really watch the "collection" TV sets in the bedroom....because I have them ALL on one channel (my transmitter), and they ALL come on with a push of an X10 controller (At last count...37 sets...all at once...just for fun)