View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 11:26 AM
Motorola Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachboy View Post
When I walk around my small town at dusk when it's dark enough to see the TV's in action in the homes, I'm amazed to see huge flatscreens in just about every home, including the very modest (to put it politely) homes. I shake my head and wonder if I'm the ONLY person still watching a CRT TV in this town. I've also noticed a huge number of 32" LCD TV's for sale on Craig's List. Seems everyone bought into the LCD fad with the smaller sets, and as soon as a bigger size is put on the market, they gotta trade up, to keep up with the neighbors. Did I see the other day, Sharp has come out with a 90" LED for around $10K?
According to the local newspaper police blotter, Flatscreens make it easy for lazy criminals to fence your TV again.

The only flatscreens at my house are the two PC monitors. A few of the neighbor-farmers are using 80's-90s sets w/DTV boxes, since I put antennas in their attic. Just one thing they donot need to spend $$ on.
Some neighbors are Amish and care even less for TV, but they are into wireless "phones" anyway L-O- freakin' L
Audiokarma