View Single Post
Old 11-01-2003, 07:21 PM
<----Zenith C845

How did you do that?

wa2ise,

I just saw the TVs on your website. Very nice collection of older and vintage sets. However, I wonder--how on earth did you get the superimposed "NY" symbol (which is the logo of the New York Yankees) which you used to spell the name of the former mayor of New York City, Rudy Giuliani? I never saw anything like that before, and to be honest, I did a double take the first time I saw it. Very clever!

BTW, I recognize the set you put that logo under. It's an RCA ColorTrak 2000, if I remember correctly. Haven't seen one of those in years (in advertisements, etc.), and I've never seen one up close. Were they very popular or just a limited edition (like the RCA G-2000, of which only 2,000 production models were made)?

Speaking of ColorTrak, just what was the purpose of that system? Is it still being incorporated in the design of RCA tube TVs 19 inches and up? I have an XL-100 19-inch set, bought new in 1999, with automatic color, automatic contrast and color tracking, and black-stretch/black-lock circuits. Is the automatic contrast/color tracking system anything like ColorTrak? If not, what are the differences?

Thanks and 73,

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.

Last edited by Jeffhs; 11-01-2003 at 07:36 PM.