View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 09:57 PM
Slave to 1 Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffhs View Post
I don't know about that. I live in an area that does not get the CBS or FOX television stations from Cleveland with an OTA antenna. These just happen to be the stations the subchannels of which I watch the most, and it bothers me that I must have cable to see them.

I'm not even sure connecting a standard TV antenna (I guess that's what is meant by a "stick") would bring in the two channels I do not get in digital. I don't know why I don't get those two channels without cable, when every other Cleveland TV station comes in here very well on an antenna. I am guessing it is because channels 8 and nineteen transmit their DTV signals on VHF channels, with the rest transmitting on UHF stations. Another thing that bothers me: My DTV antenna brings in the stations it does get, and well, but the channel list is repeated, in effect showing the same channel twice on one list. Why is this, and what (if anything) can I do to eliminate the duplication of the channel list? It is frustrating and annoying, to say the least, to see my TV bringing in 20+ digital channels (as shown on the scan list), only to find out half those channels are duplicates.

Hmmm. I wonder. If I could get hold of an all-channel indoor TV antenna like a Rembrandt (the kind with the 102" dipoles, the crossed UHF loops, and the 12-position tuning switch), would I finally be able to get channels eight and 19 in digital? Are those antennas even available anywhere anymore? I'll look on eBay; there might be at least one such antenna there. I see on that site just about everything else pertaining to television (including outdoor antennas and even antique rabbit ears), so someone might very well have one up for auction, even as I write this.
I use a Rembrandt rabbit ears on a Zenith DTV-900 box hooked up to a 19 inch Zenith TV. They were a wedding present to my parents back in 1959.