View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 03:52 PM
See yourself on Color TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffhs View Post
I don't know about that. I live in an area that does not get the CBS or FOX television stations from Cleveland with an OTA antenna. These just happen to be the stations the subchannels of which I watch the most, and it bothers me that I must have cable to see them.

My DTV antenna brings in the stations it does get, and well, but the channel list is repeated, in effect showing the same channel twice on one list. Why is this, and what (if anything) can I do to eliminate the duplication of the channel list? It is frustrating and annoying, to say the least, to see my TV bringing in 20+ digital channels (as shown on the scan list), only to find out half those channels are duplicates.
Quick thoughts:

1) I forgot if you said before (and you don't say here) if you are using an outdoor antenna. VHF channels will be more difficult than UHF, generally.

2) Duplicate channels can be caused by not erasing your old channel list when you re-scan your set. Re-scan, and make sure you are not in an "add new channels" mode.

In rare cases (like Chicago) some stations had both a UHF and a VHF signal on the air for some time, and that always resulted in duplicates. If that is the current case for anyone, they need to go through the channel list and manually delete the ones they don't want.