View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 12:50 PM
M is for Memory

During the summer months the garage becomes a staging area for swap meets, a decontamination (mom's deathly afraid of getting roaches so every thing that ain't new stays in the garage overnight) zone for acquisitions, repository for tools for working on my car, and storage for various things the folks have...Every winter it gets cleared into the basement primarily so the cars can be parked.

Around 70% of the basement is mine. It tends to be cooler than the rest of the house, but the heat does work down there. The whole place is well lit so I can find things and work easily (my work bench is down there), got TVs, video games and audio gear so it is easy to relax.

Winter here tends to bring in the mice occasionally. It was much worse when there was still a farm field at the end of the block (it's housing now). Back when our cat was alive we did not need to worry about mice...They knew she was there and did not enter. One observation I've come upon from having multiple cats over the years is that mice will avoid a place with a cat till the cat is reaching it's final years...Once they sense the cat is no longer fit to pursue/catch them they are no longer scared off.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4