View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 11:35 AM
Duck, you sucker!

Forgive my ignorance, but the transistor (Q202) is clear on the other side of the chassis from the circuits we're looking at. Is that because the pulse is coming off the horizontal module, going through these circuits and then traveling cross to the other side of the chassis to the transistor? I'm getting better at reading schematics and wish they were to scale. LOL

Anyway, I've managed to locate just about all the pieces and will talk with my brother tomorrow about setting up a day for him to come by with his equipment so we can do some serious testing.

Last question... Where are you seeing the pulse from that circuit? I'm looking at Photofacts and there isn't one for the emitter, but is one for the base which is shared with the collector of the vertical blanking. Strange thing is, there are two different patterns for the same test point. Both are 18V and then they differ with numbers I can't figure out. One graph is 30 and the other is 7875 (both numbers followed with a little curved line that looks like an oversized tilde). They both are different wave forms. No clue as to what those numbers are trying to tell me.

Thanks

Denon 5803A, Pioneer DVL-700, Pioneer CT-W603RS, Toshiba HD-A3, D-Link DSM-520, Dish VIP-722, Polk 1.2TL, CSi5, LS/fx, RT-800 and PSW-650
Audiokarma