View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 10:25 PM
Duck, you sucker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty59 View Post
With those Zenith terminal strips, if that connection point is not only filled with solder but has a bunch of leads attached sometimes the best thing to do is cut the component out and "J" hook the new one in as opposed to the possibility of heat damage by using a bigger iron.

A scope can be handy as mentioned. Years ago I had a Zenith 24MC32 that had three "very transparent" vertical bars running through it and they were not always noticable. There was no sweep distortion so I believed it had to be in the video somewhere. I was still quite the novice back then so I lived with 'em...

Sounds like your brother may be handy too!
Thing is, I have to lift one end to remove it from the circuit for testing. I think I'll go the scope route and if that doesn't work, I'll live with the bars. I can see myself doing more damage if I start poking around with a big soldering gun.

Denon 5803A, Pioneer DVL-700, Pioneer CT-W603RS, Toshiba HD-A3, D-Link DSM-520, Dish VIP-722, Polk 1.2TL, CSi5, LS/fx, RT-800 and PSW-650