View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 06:40 PM
"micro" and quirky

Location: I'm in San Diego, but lived in Hong Kong for a long time
I had this happen to my 1010 MANY years ago. Mine would get the vertical back when you would squeeze the thing. Turned out it had some real dodgy looking cold solder joints.

NOW my 1010 is a "basket case" due to my not being able to figure out a complete loss of it's tuner section. I only JUST today found another 1010 that I have not looked at yet. It's complete and EVERYTHING is in it's box...and in the styrofoam, but the ebay seller for some reason says it's not working. I'm gambling the fifteen bucks I got it for on the seller simply not getting a signal. That was how my little GE 4" color "boombox" showed up....and ended up PERFECTLY fine.

Be careful getting into the 1010. Just be careful of the ribbon connector that joins the upper and lower boards. I have no schematics for any of the little Panny micros...so I LIKE them...but I do NOT fancy working on 'em really. I have a 1020, 1030 and the little CT-101 as well, but have not gotten into any of those sets. I did have to sorta "re-assemble" the CT 101...because it's a crappy case even when new.