View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 07:51 PM
VideoKarma Member

Haha you's caught onto the Aunty Jack Show take on the switchover to colour in Australia, hilarious and whacky isn't it? lol This ABC's (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) comedic switchover to colour around midnight on 1st March 1975. The characters seen are from a rather out there ABC comedy show called "The Aunty Jack Show" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Aunty_Jack_Show which ran from 1972 to 1974 and they had a spinoff in 1975 in colour called "Wollongong The Brave", and of course Aunty Jack is the butch lady with the moustache who has the famous line "I'll rip your bloody arms off". So anyone who is curious about that show and likes out there slapstick humour, search "Aunty Jack" on YouTube and you'll find plenty of clips. Also to mention, that show has pretty much put my hometown Wollongong on the map as the show was based in my area! A lot of our programs back then were real light hearted and we didn't take ourselves too seriously and even our soaps had a lot of comedy in them too .