View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 07:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffhs View Post
BTW, your screen shot shows a pattern similar to a bar code. I read online some time ago that this pattern is sometimes caused when the TV's internal software crashes. If your TV has a USB port, you can use a flash drive with the set's software loaded on it to replace the defective programming. Go to Sony's web site and look for a link to software updates to load the flash drive first; this procedure works with my Insignia flat screen, which has a USB port for software updates on the jack panel at the left side of the set. This port is likely on most other LCD flat sets as well, although on some sets it can be difficult to locate.
It occurred to me that I've seen the exact same thing working on laptop computers, when there's a faulty ribbon cable or connection from the screen to the CPU. I checked all of the ribbon cables and re-seated them before ordering the TCON, and no change.

While I've never worked on one of these before, I would assume that the skill sets are a cross between laptop repair and TV repair. Guess we'll see....