View Single Post
Old 12-29-2004, 06:26 AM
VideoKarma Member

Hi. Thanks for the pics, I've definitely seen that 1955 one, seen a few of those pics, though I've always wondered if they were real photos or graphic designs as the picture looks surreal like half photographic and half art-like. Anyways I assume that 55 pic is real. Also question the picture of a CT-100 screen with some chick with red hair in a light blue background too which I saw on a CT-100 site because seeing a few other pics above it one was a 1964 colour photo of a colour telly screen with some bloke forecasting the weather which looks like a fair dinkum photo opposed to the others. I guess it's the colour printing press of the 50s which kind of makes photos look a little surreal.

Anyways I'm hoping one day to come across a large colour photo of the 50s right in front of a colour telly screen showing some live colour broadcast complete with the picture characteristics of a 3 tube colour IO with a bit of haloing around the really bright objects, though I'm dreaming . Then again I suppose seeing the 1960 Howdy Doody colour special on DVD and bits of colour footage of Dinah Shore Chevy Show the earliest colour shows from 1953/54 using NTSC system would look exactly the same only varying by the camera techo's adjustment on the TK-40/41 colour settings.