View Single Post
Old 12-27-2023, 06:08 PM
VideoKarma Member

I got brave and did it your way. I have a long screwdriver that I used when I was working on cars and I knew the handle to be well-insulated. I THINK I have high voltage. I get a good spark at the HOT, the hair stands up on a pissed-off cat's back when she is held in front of the CRT. (She may not hang around the shop as much for a while, bit I digress). I then measured voltages on the CRT. No voltage on pin 6, an orange wire. The Sams I have is for a 23MP4 CRT, mine is a 27ZP4 and I suspect the connections may be different. The "yellow wire" has 75 volts on it. I believe I remember seeing on this forum a color code for CRT connections. The yellow wire is for the cathode, right? I don't have any references that give me the connections on the 27ZP4. If someone has that information plus what the color codes are for CRT connections, that will help. Before I got this set, someone had been playing with it because it was populated with all Radio Shack tubes. The CRT plug had come apart so I repaired it. I need to verify it is wired right. I cleaned and checked all the brightness, contrast, vertical and horizontal controls and they checked good. I had raster, turned the set off, then had a dark screen when I started it again.
Audiokarma