View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 04:48 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
They probably only made one model year of those radios. It couldn't have been that good of a seller.
And this is a great example of rare , but not desirable , = not valuable . Most folks automatically associate rarity with high value , but without the all important desirability factor rarity means little . I wouldn't hook this thing up to my own house's furnace and wouldn't think most other folks would , either .

Quote:
Originally Posted by user181 View Post
Early example of "smart home" technology/automation.
Yep , for sure , and I really would like to see the companion thermostat , if one went with it . I almost think one would have had to have come with it , opening or closing one set of dry contacts on a regular thermostat would have it running or not depending on whether the contacts were opened or closed , but such an "all or nothing" approach really wouldn't work well if it was gonna turn the furnace totally off for the timer's set time . A companion thermostat I would think should have , for instance , lowered the set temp by a programmable amount when the clock activated the contacts .