View Single Post
Old 06-27-2003, 05:21 PM
...enjoys spaghetti.

I don't know about the smashed TVs, but the Ant Farm did bury about 9-10 old caddies face down, at 45 degree angles, in some farmer's field.

As a gen-x'er, I always thought this "hippie statement" stuff was so much hipocritical crapola. After all, how can you complain about consumerism when your whole generation was forced to have long hair, do drugs, and buy gawd-awful "Beatle" albums by their peer groups? Instead of keeping up with the Joneses, you're just keeping up with the unwashed, unemployed kids of the Joneses!

Now these same people won't live in a house w/less than 2500 sq. ft. located 20 miles out of the "horrible" city and they all pretend they're so brilliant because they bought a Mercedes, rather than a "white-trash" Cadillac. (As someone who test-drives cars for a living, modern Mercedes are so much overrated crap.)

Sorry, that was a bit of a rant.

In fairness, I will admit driving a friend's Ford Ranger as fast as it would go though an ugly modern console set. It WAS a blast, but I would hardly call it a political statement!

Last edited by Carmine; 06-27-2003 at 05:26 PM.