View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 08:14 PM
RCA 741PCS

but wait - there's more!

While I pondered my next step with this set I remembered I do actually have another 16" set. It's an Airline/Monkey Wards GSE-3020 I picked up last spring.

The previous owner said he had been watching it up until it gave out shortly before he sold it to me.
I did get a decent raster on it when I briefly powered it up last year. It has a CRT marked 1-3-64.

Hmm - something looks awfully familiar about it

It's the same freakin' chassis
A couple minor differences like the speaker field coil instead of a dedicated choke and a hybrid module instead of discrete for the vertical integrator.

How weird is that ? I wonder if both of them outsourced to the same manufacturer. I wish I had doubled up on my capacitor order to cover this set too!

Here's a closer look at that CRT. Hey, it's been rebuilt. Check out the angle on that gun.

I popped it in the Sentinel and discovered the dimensions are a bit different. That caused the focus and center to be a bit off, but I'm not going to adjust that stuff for this test. It's definitely brighter but seems pretty harsh no matter how I set the contrast

Last edited by bandersen; 02-12-2010 at 08:20 PM.