View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 10:18 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike52787 View Post
I am a relative novice with test equipment, and would love to get this working.
I feel pretty well versed with at least vintage test equipment as well as some of the modern stuff, but by description it took me a while to figure out what we were talking about. As I scroll the thread it becomes safe to say that it's a standalone CRT tester, and/or rejuvenator. I really haven't heard of the Sencore Super Mack.

Sounds like you got some pretty good advice for starters at least, AND you seem to be a good logical thinker, which can produce a good troubleshooter and not a trouble causer. LOL! The best advice I can give you is to say that when you are seeking help on a topic forum, always provide the name AND the model number. But equally important (as I learned) these days is that many people wont respond that may have valuable info. if you don't post a picture of the unit, or a few if you wish. Just offering Super Mack as all of the description limits you and the WWW from tuning into what you have.

The biggest reason is that most equipment manufacturers didn't have a new pet name for one kind of tester every year. The Super Mack could have been made for a decade or two. Simpson has been making the same "260" analog volt ohm meter (VOM) since I think the 40s! LOL! And they still make shiny new ones today that APPEAR to be the same thing, but MANY internal changes have taken place through all the years.

Not trying to preach, but rather to teach here because specific information can and will make or break you in electronics. Without that you can't even swap tubes......