View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 12:34 PM
OlColorTVfan

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbenham View Post
I have to agree that for most consumers that is probably the case.
After 10 years HD is still exciting for me because it mostly just works. When I started working in commercial TV in 1967, the station had just begun broadcasting locally produced color programming. At that time the effort required to make good color included complete camera setups and adjustments before every show, and usually while the show was in progress. Videotape in proper color was not at all easy to achieve, besides the fact that some of those 2 inch thick reels of tape weighed 30 lbs! It was sooo hard to make really good detailed and colorfull pictures at that time with the then current state of the art and to do it consistantly day in, day out.
With HD today all that is usualy required is to turn the equipment on and wait for it to boot!
Cliff
Hi, when you talk about those 'quad' vtrs..I wonder, just how finicky were they..especially about being in the right environment, having to be cleaned, and the adjustments that had to be made to get a decent picture, either in black and white or color? And what color cameras did you get to work with?