View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 09:49 PM
VideoKarma Member

1951 Zenith 16" Porthole

Like many guys, I like to restore more than one set at a time. A friend of mine found this same cabinet in blonde with no chassis. It's near mint and the seller wants to get rid of it so a deal is being made to acquire it. I thought what am I going to do with it? Put the chassis in my mahogany set into the blonde cabinet since it's worth more? Then a few days went by and I found another seller wanting to sell his zenith chassis from a trashed cabinet. So now I'm trying to get a deal on that chassis so I have two complete sets. In the mean time I'm going to go ahead and restore the chassis I have. I'll order parts for my RCA portable I'm working on to save money on shipping by ordering all of the parts together. The chassis is 24H20 with a 16" metal tube, 16GP4 I believe. Like my other 16" I restored, the tube tests bad, but still lights up with a very watchable brightness to it. It also has the seperate power supply chassis. I'll irder all of the parts in the next week or two and get at it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (55.8 KB, 83 views)