View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 07:30 AM
sampson159

rca sets were plentiful.with there association with nbc,they had much advertisement,etc.they were on display everywhere as rca flooded the market.i can remember going to the big box stores back in the 60s and the televisions on display would be 75-80 percent rca.this is in columbus,ohio.the zeniths came along when the rectangular screen became popular.i think it depended on the region you lived in.here we had rca and later on sylvania sets were sold in droves.not too many zeniths available here.when we had them come in the shop,they were at least 5-6 years old.they didnt break down much.many people here are still watching those "g" chassis zenith chromacolor sets.as far as roundies go,the ctc 15 and 16 are among the easiest to find and may be the best roundies.the zenith roundies did produce the best picture and to have another one of those would be a dream.not interested in any other roundie.okay,maybe a magnavox combo.they have dynamite stereos.i have an airline combo right now.i havent touched it since we carried this monster home.sitting in storage gathering dust.it came form pittsburgh originally.as i said,here in columbus,ohio,rca dominated the roundie market.then around 1966-67,sun tv came along and they pushed sylvanias exclusively.we saw many of these in for repair.
Audiokarma