View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 01:44 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
so that is what that is. Every smartphone I've had so far has constantly had that stupid voicemail notification constantly active even when I had just checked my voicemail and had 0 messages in it.... It's kind of annoying that new phones suffer from this too... sounds like some bad engineering practice is being employed around SIM cards.
My problem is they don't always send me a text when I get a voicemail so sometimes I don't know I have one for a week or 3...
Yea, that icon being stick is a SIM card issue. Phones usually store that indicator in the SIM memory (smart phones might be different though, but that's how GSM phones used to do it). This SIM card in my smart phone shows no voicemail, in the Nokia it shows voicemail. The way I can tell here is simple, when I turn on the Nokia, that icon lights up BEFORE I even have service, that means the SIM card is saying it, but I think it might be because this is a 5G capable SIM card. Those have extra strings in them that might be confusing the Nokia. I had a feeling I might run into it, but I wasn't sure what it would do. Apparently it's a false voicemail icon. Luckily when I get a voicemail, the Nokia still puts on the screen "New Voicemail" so it's not like I won't know if I got anything or not.

Now my smart phone on the other hand, that thing constantly would fail to tell me if I had voicemail or not. Visual voicemail never worked either, it was so broken.