View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 07:37 PM
Followin' the Rules...

Good luck - VIZ was orphaned by RCA in the early 80's, laterr merged with Kappa Instruments (who replaced the VIZ name with Kappa) and later closed up entirely by the capital investment company (Overhill) that was the owner. Viz parts were auctioned off in Philly in the early 90's, and I can recall one Surplus Trader catalog listing all of their transformers - some from way back in the RCA tube-era instruments.

Viz stuff was bought in hordes by Tech Schools for student use - perhaps there might be someone holding on to the manuals from a tech school buyout. I got six Viz power supplies that way, but no manuals.

Occasionally, a Viz manual or two will show up on eBay - get a saved search going there. BAMA, scribd, and eserviceinfo all come up blanks for the newer (solid state) stuff.

Viz test equipment is rugged - I've got six or seven pieces, a WV-504B, two power supplies, and an "octopus adapter" along with the ubiquitous Viz HV probe in it's blue case. Most Viz part numbers crossed directly to RCA.

What's wrong with your unit?

Cheers,
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!