View Single Post
Old 08-30-2005, 10:49 PM
Frenchy

[QUOTE=vintagecollect]HDTV looks greatest on smaller screen as pixels are closer together as so does NTSC. 1 year ago Sears had a $500 HDTV, 25" or 27" that had one of the BEST HD pictures I had ever seen for TWO important reasons over sets costing ten times as much. Screen size was big enough to watch, but NOT too large to dilute high definition picture qualities. Two, this was a direct view CRT that cannot be rivaled in Contrast, shapness , and brightness(DLP rear projection sets are close but no cigar), also limited viewing angle of DLP set. >>>

I have a Hitachi rear projection with the 3 crts in it, 51 inch (same crts and chassis that were in their 65 inch set so it is PLENTY bright on this sucker). It also lets you dial in the convergence of the beams perfectly with an electronic grid you can tweak, can basically make it perfect.
While a small screen and a large screen might be able to both create 1080i HDTV, I wanted a big screen to get the full effect at normal viewing distance. If I'd gottem a little 27 incher, I'd have had to set 3 feet away from the screen to even be able to pick out the detail that was there. And if I didn't sit that far, it would be too small for the picture to have any impact whether it was HDTV detail or not.