View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 10:37 PM
VideoKarma Member

Being a shunt(load) regulator adjusting the HV down should add more current load to the HV rectifier and thus the fly-back. Output tube current is the operative here and if any thing would reduce fly-back current it would be the CRT brightness, screen grid volts at the HOTube and the circuit being at resonance. A screen grid method was used in later chassis designs in the square screen, tube, portables.
I have checked the AGC pot and it slightly lightens the dim raster, but not the answer yet. I'm going to check basic voltages at the Vid out and work back.
The CRT had intermittent green as the loose cap was touched. I re-flowed the green pins and then re-flowed them again with an added thin solid wire inserted in the socket pins and is now stable. The CRT checks really good otherwise but Im not comfortable with this turn of events especially when I could see someone previously soldered the pins before me, but its stable for now.
Forward boys, we march on.

Where would I find a schematic (RCA / PDF or such) with scope readings or more voltage details? I found a basic that I've been using but it's very basic at www.boxcarcabin.com/rcaschematics.html, but I need more info.
Right about now I wish I had a test jig and a million dollars