View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 01:45 AM
VideoKarma Member

Location: Valley of the Sun, formerly Silicon Valley, formerly Packer Land.
I’m really enjoying this thread and all the great displays. Congrats to all. Love seeing what others are doing and the sets.

As to Steve’s comment. It will be a compromise to display both a properly exposed screenshot while at the same time getting a properly exposed shot of the cabinet. Most folks do not possess high end cameras, and even so, it won’t be perfect. I have been taking screenshots since 1969, with a 35 mm Nikon analoqe film camera and now digital. If you are going for the best quality screenshot, the room needs to be darkened. If you want to see a properly exposed shot of the cabinet, the lit screen will be over exposed.

I understand that folks want to see the television set displaying a nice screenshot. I try to compromise and show the set bright enough to desern details while still displaying a well exposed screenshot. It will never be perfect.

If you want to show the best possible quality screenshot, you need to completely darken the room, fill the viewfinder completely with the television image, freeze the frame if possible, focus to the center of the screen and set your aperture. In this way, the camera sensors will be measuring only the light from the screen and not the room wich will compromise the quality of the screenshot.

Last edited by etype2; 09-28-2017 at 02:22 AM.