View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 12:54 AM
VideoKarma Member

Progress on My Admiral 17T12

My tubular HV caps arrived and I've spent the last two days finishing (I hope) the chassis work. I replaced or repaired everything questionable. Most of the previously replaced components would have worked, but the solder joints had to be redone and the leads had been cut too short for proper placement.

Several circuits had been modified. Since I don't have the expertise to assess the functionality of those modifications, I tried to put everything back to agree with the schematic. You might understand why the circuits had been changed, but I haven't got a clue. This shows the previous modifications in red and my reconstruction in blue:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

I don't have a Variac, so I hid behind a chair when I powered it up. Nothing exploded, no flames, no smoke, and after a minute of warm up, this image appeared.

Well, OK…that image didn't appear. I was delighted to get anything on the CRT, and with my test pattern videotape this is the best I could do:

There actually is an image in there. With a movie video I can see ghosts moving around. I feel some satisfaction in taking it this far. Nevertheless, I'd like to improve the picture.

Any suggestions about what I should next?

- Winky