View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 08:56 PM
VideoKarma Member

Blue TK41

This was a CBS camera. They never left the factory painted this color. CBS hated RCA and when they had to use an RCA, it was immediately stripped of all logos and painted blue. Unusual to see the RCA logos. BTW, All Jack Webb's later shows were filmed at Universal Studios (Hollywood) and was mostly aired via CBS so explains the blue cameras on that episode. You can see that episode on Youtube. Earlier Dragnet shows were not owned by Webb until he formed his own Mark VII productions in the later part of the '50's.

Also I have the Mitchell BNCR movie camera #244 that was purchased new by Jack Webb in 1959 (Mark VII Productions) and filmed all of his TV shows till 1983 when he died. Universal also used it for filming other shows of the '60's to include "The Munsters". All of the Dragnet series and others were shot entirely on 35mm. The "I Love Lucy" shows were shot entirely with 3 Mitchell BNCR cameras as 90% of all Hollywood produced shows were shot with this model camera. My camera still has the property tags for Universal and CBS.

Last edited by julianburke; 12-20-2010 at 01:36 PM.
Audiokarma