View Single Post
Old 11-24-2018, 05:38 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon A. View Post
I guessed that this reply would contain an argument against what I said. You've done it to me many times, please try to refrain from it from now on. I know I'm not stupid but it still kind of stings.

It may be true that his tuner is dirty, but it wasn't I who initially suggested that the RF amplifier transistor may be blown.
Not trying to sting nor to imply any kind of stupidity. The topic has drifted away from what he needs to do into speculation into highly unlikely causes. Your Post seemed to suggest replacing that transistor was the way to go and that it is very difficult (and it was the most recent bit of talk on it). That will scare an amateur off of touching the tuner. I simply pointed things back in the right direction. (we should make sure the easy common issues have actually been dealt with before going off into the weeds should we not?)

If what I see as bad advice is given I will attempt to correct it (or improve the advice given) no matter who gives it, starts it, or contributes to it...If you happen to be caught up in the giving of bad advice that is not my fault. And you have no right to tell me where and how I can put my two cents in on an issue as long as I am abiding by the rules of VK. I will try to sound more respectful going forward...But bear in mind we ALL get correct by other VK'ers from time to time, and unless someone explicitly calls you a big dummy that is likely NOT even a tiny part of their goal in offering what they see as the correct information to those reading.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4