View Single Post
  #4  
Old 01-08-2016, 05:03 PM
Colly0410 Colly0410 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Hucknall, Nottingham, England.
Posts: 131
I suppose that with all mains electricity being 240 volts in the UK you would get twice the shock than at 120 volts that is used in USA. I know that some USA things run on 240 volts using a split phase = 120v-0-120v, so if you get a shock from any mains wire to earth/ground the maximum shock is 120 volts. However in UK if you get a shock from any mains wire to earth/ground it's 240 volts. All electric sockets & lamp-holders carry 240 volts. All appliance plugs have at least a 13 amp fuse in them, low power appliances(radio's, TV's, cable box's, table lamps) have lower amperage fuses e.g. 3 amp..
Reply With Quote