View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 08:20 PM
Followin' the Rules...

Funny, the thread hijack, but I did do some electronic work today - built a grid cap lead for my TV-7 tester, and tried to convert an Excel spreadsheet to an HTML table, but with distractions, I blew it.

I've got parts that I'm slowly trying to get inventoried. I don't like using Excel, but don't want to scrap the 1300 item listing, so I figured I'd put it on a website where I can access it from work and home, always knowing what I've got should the need arise 24/7. I tried all the tutorials on the web I could find, but can't get it to work with that many cells and rows. I can convert to PDF and then to an HTML table, but it doesn't like more than a few dozen characters per cell. I tried the CSV method, and even an Access table to HTML with less than desirable results. I probably should just get to typing in Frontpage or Bluefish and be done. I can always add more columns....

There is nothing more frustrating that to find I had a part that someone needed, but I was beaten to the task by someone else, simply because I had no way of checking while I was at work...

Maybe get a portable copy of LibreOffice and run it from a USB drive..and keep the XLS file.
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!